Pinterest Accommodates Mobile Users
May 15, 2013 10:16 PM
Tagged as Mobile, Pinterest, Smartphone, social media
Pinterest seems to be playing a game of catch up lately. The fastest growing forum has to make adjustments in order to keep its almost 50 million users happy. The latest updates all involve mobile usage, which is becoming bigger and bigger these days.
Here are some of the updates Pinterest has recently made:
• Search suggestions – instead of typing out an entire phrase describing what it is you’re looking for, the updated app provides a drop down menu of what it thinks you want.
• Push notifications – users can finally see when another user has commented on their pins or if they’ve been mentioned in a post. These notifications can also be sent to your mobile device when you’re not in the app.
• The ability to mention friends in posts – in Facebook-esque fashion, users merely select the @ sign and type out the name of the person they’d like to highlight.
• Pin from external websites – while in the app, click the “+” button at the bottom of the screen and enter the URL you’d like to pin.
These updates may not seem like a huge deal, but it’s obvious that the company is attempting to accommodate its mobile users, making it easier for them to use the platform on smartphones and tablets. Welcome to 2013, Pinterest!
Posted in Recent News
| 0 Replies
Pinterest: Show Me The Money!
September 20, 2012 10:44 AM
Tagged as Pinterest, social media
In case you haven’t noticed, another star has emerged onto the social media scene-Pinterest. Pinterest is basically a virtual pinboard where users can organize and share their interests via images. Pinterest’s growth rate has been off the charts. According to Experian Marketing Services, the number of users who made weekly visits to the site hit nearly 29 million in July, up from 1.27 million only a year earlier. In addition, most of these users are women.
Posted in Recent News, Social Media
| 0 Replies
In fact, a new report from Pew says that one-fifth of all women in the United States who go online belong to Pinterest. That’s a lot of estrogen! And we’re all aware of how women love to share and shop-so why hasn’t Pinterest developed a way to turn that zeal into income?
Could the site be generating income quietly, though? In a blog written earlier this year, Josh Davis informed us that Pinterest modifies some pins, adjusting the links to add an affiliate tracking code. If someone makes a purchase from that link, Pinterest gets a piece of the pie. Although this is not an uncommon practice, and it is alluded to in the Terms of Service, most individuals are not aware of this.
When it comes to helping other businesses make money, though, Pinterest is a shining star. According to a Mashable study, Pinterest drives more traffic than YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+ combined and is just about equal with Twitter. That’s a lot of referral revenue for the new kid on the block!
The bottom line is this-if you own a business, Pinterest absolutely has to be included in your social marketing strategy. Period.
Social Media Marketing: 5 Must-see Links
February 29, 2012 3:13 PM
Tagged as Blogging, Facebook, Google+, Mari Smith, Pinterest, social marketing, social media, social networks
Social media marketing is constantly evolving and that makes it difficult for business owners to stay current. Mari Smith, social media expert, has taken some of the guesswork out of the process by compiling a list of 5 key articles that highlight important points for various social media.
Posted in Social Media
| 0 Replies
1. WhyIsFacebookInsightsNotWorking: basic assistance with the new Facebook Insights. Currently, Insights are 4 days behind.
2. How To Run Competitions On Facebook By The Rules: contests are a great way to engage old and new fans alike, but you must follow the rules or risk losing your page.
3. The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Pinterest for Marketing: Pinterest is the newest social network to enter the marketing world. Learn all the basics here.
4. Google+ for Business: 5 Things Marketing Professionals Should Know About Google+: regular activity on G+ improves your search ranking.
5. 50 Qualities of the Best Business Blogs in the World: basic blogging tips from standouts on the Web.
Make your marketing plan work. Utilize the best social media has to offer and you’re sure to reap the rewards.